Re: find-file-project

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: find-file-project
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 02:41:25 +0300

On 09/18/2015 08:07 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

Of course, project-find-file could wrap the backend's completion table
so as to add its own `category' info to the meatadata, but
it's cumbersome.

Indeed.

We should try and unify the metadata returned by the completion-tables
and the metadata returned by the completion-at-point-functions (or
provided via completion-extra-properties).

Yup. We should probably do that sooner rather than later.

Ah, I see.  But that means all the files are returned as one flat list
(without using completion-boundaries).  Might be a good idea.

Ouch. That means I really misunderstand how completion-boundaries work.

[ I did have some earlier version of partial completion match "**/file"
to "foo/bar/file.el", but the current code doesn't have that, and even
less so without a "**".  ]
Why not?

Couldn't find that 25th hour!

Well, I meant that if earlier code already did it, you had to remove it. But I guess there was more work to be done, to make it good enough for public.