Re: New maintainer

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New maintainer
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 22:32:52 +0300

> From: John Wiegley <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 12:02:50 -0700
>
> we have compute-intensive applications -- such as Gnus -- that
> cannot take advantage of the additional power offered by multi-core
> CPUs. How do we add concurrency without increasing our maintenance
> burden due to impossible-to-reproduce bugs, race conditions, and
> terrible error messages (a Backtrace, but from which thread?).

There's the concurrency branch in the repository.  It needs to be
revived (didn't see any activity for the last 2 years), and was not
really ready for prime time last time I looked at it (see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-08/msg00704.html
and its continuation into Sep 2013).  But it's not far from its
proclaimed goal.