Re: Should we just start dumping cl-lib?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Should we just start dumping cl-lib?
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 16:45:09 +0300

> From: Mark Oteiza <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 07:46:46 -0400
>
> I'd be happy to have more useful functions in "core". (Can we have
> `filter` yet?)

Please always accompany such suggestions with rationale.  Adding to
the core just because "why not?" is IMO not a good methodology.  Some
people still care about the memory footprint of programs, so we don't
want to bloat that unless there are good reasons.  Such reasons can
only be discussed on a case by case basis.