Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 00:51:22 +0200

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm not sure whether you were ironic or not,

I think John is being totally serious here. Why he shouldn't?

> but assuming you were not,
> here's my answer: no, I cannot /identify/ them, but sometimes I can
> /suspect/ them.  More seasoned developers should make the decision,
> though.

See my other message. The last detail is that the function is not called
from C. Maybe we should check that it is not used in very hot spots in
the Elisp sources as well. If you are not sure, ask here.

[snip]

> And btw: is there a way to search for functions according to the
> filename they are defined in, possibly using a regex, so that one could
> search e.g. for functions defined in C by specifying "\.c$"?
> (Drew?  Icicles?)

grep -nH "DEFUN (" *.c

in the src/ directory will show you the functions defined in C which are
available in Elisp.