Re: IDE

From: Tom
Subject: Re: IDE
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 14:55:04 +0000 (UTC)

Drew Adams <drew.adams <at> oracle.com> writes:

> TAGS files are typically for definitions, but they can be for
> anything, including "usages of fields, methods, types".  You
> could have different TAGS files for each of these "usages",
> and use (search) them selectively or together.

What if different objects have fields or methods of the same name?

E.g. there is field called 'name' in lots of classes and I want to
find all usage of a name field, but only with certain object types
and there is code like:

   obj->name

?

TAGS files have considerable limitiations compared to techniques
which actually understand the code.