Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language

From: Przemysław Wojnowski
Subject: Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 12:22:15 +0200

W dniu 2015-10-13 23:02, Andy Moreton napisał(a):
[...]
I don't. I have no problem spending time to replace "char const *" into "const char *". Browsing through a code base that I want to get familiar
with and fixing a small annoyance doesn't sound bad to me.

Pointless churn. Find something that fixes an bug, or adds a useful new
feature, and work on that. You will find it more rewarding, and other
users and developers will find your contribution more helpful.

Refactorings that increase maintainability (like this one) are very useful to other developers.

Such changes, even small, accumulate towards something that can be called a "maintainable system".
In (wannabe) healthy systems it is everyday practice.