Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 8ba156f: Attempt to avoid crashes in plist-memb

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 8ba156f: Attempt to avoid crashes in plist-member
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 17:58:42 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 20:36:06 -0700
>
>     QUIT could call some Lisp.
>
> Sure, but Lisp cannot affect the value of CONSP (plist).

Not the value of CONSP, the list itself.  We follow the CONSP test
with XCAR, which crashed.  The only way I could imagine that happening
is that the list got modified between the test and the XCAR call.  Is
there any other way to explain that?

The address clearly points to Fplist_member at fns.c:2879.

> It could merely be RtlCaptureStackBackTrace misbehaving, no?

I don't think so.  It could be something else, though: the segfault
could have happened in another thread while the Lisp thread was in
plist-member.

But the change I made cannot do any harm, and it tried to use the only
evidence I had from the report.  The alternative was to do nothing at
all.