Re: In support of guile-emacs

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: In support of guile-emacs
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 00:12:06 +0100

On 18 Oct 2015 9:48 pm, "Christopher Allan Webber" <address@hidden> wrote:
> But if you're really interested in a Glorious Emacs Future (TM),
> guile-emacs might actually be that future you want!  You can try it
> right now, it already runs!  (Just expect rough edges!)  And if you want
> to make that future happen, it would be great to see you dig in.

There's one thing I still don't know. Which of the following items is the purpose of guile-emacs? (select more than one if appropriate)

1. Write the underlying core in scheme instead of C.
2. Offer scheme as an alternative to elisp because it's faster.
3. Offer scheme as an alternative to elisp for some other reason (if so, which?).