Re: Contributors and maintainers

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Contributors and maintainers
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 10:27:19 +0200 (CEST)

>> No submitter can brow-beat us into accepting a patch because they
>> think it is "clear" or "right" or "obvious".  This isn't how
>> collaboration works in the free software world.  We decide who has
>> commit rights, and we reserve the right to reject and revert
>> commits.
>
> I provided clarification several times.  It was ignored.

Certainly not.  You got *a lot* of replies.

> Let me list some different mails in which I repeated more or less
> the same explanation with different wording:

This is exactly the `agree to disagree' situation I've mentioned in a
previous e-mail.

> What I gather from being persistently ignored is that I'm receiving
> absolutely *no* respect *at all* from most people here.

Hey!  Reality check!  You *do* get replies!  And all of them are
polite – so no disrespect at all.  However, those replies are
obviously not what you want to hear.

    Werner