Re: Contributors and maintainers

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Contributors and maintainers
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 16:34:50 +0200

Hi Taylan,

I haven't read the complete thread but as far as I understand, your
point is that you don't trust `shell-quote-argument' in that it doesn't
allow for running arbitrary code when given thoroughly prepared
arguments.  But you are confident that your shell-quasiquote.el package
doesn't allow for that in POSIX-compliant shells.  Is that correct?

But wouldn't it be better to contribute a set of ERT tests for
`shell-quote-argument' in order to increase the trust we can have in it
and possibly find and fix problems it might actually have?

After all, although you say that shell-quasiquote.el is only intended to
be used with POSIX shells, we/you have no control on where it'll
actually be used.

Bye,
Tassilo