Re: Feature freezes and Emacs 25

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Feature freezes and Emacs 25
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 00:08:50 +0200

On 11/09/2015 11:55 PM, John Wiegley wrote:
Let's freeze this Friday, and take a step back. We have several courses open:

  1. Decide that what we have now should become 24.6.

That doesn't seem to be an option, simply considering that master has been 25.0.25 for quite a while.

  2. Decide it will become 25.1.

  3. Decide that we want to bring in more features that aren't yet complete,
     and so push the freeze to a future date.

I'd like to see this happen, maybe for a few weeks, at least for xref.el (and maybe project.el, too). There are still unresolved questions and issues there, and not enough people participating in the design.

By the way, John, would you join the "project.el semantics" discussion? I've pinged you there.