Re: Copyright assignments in Gnu Elpa

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Copyright assignments in Gnu Elpa
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 03:50:16 +0000

Michael Heerdegen <address@hidden> writes:

> This is a good question.
>
> I've never thought about it, but AFAIU all contributors for all external
> packages in Gnu Elpa need copyright assignments - right?

Non-trivial contributors, yes.

> Are we sure that this is currently the case at all with all those
> packages developed on Github (pull requests!) ?

Currently, for code to get into Gelpa it needs to be manually commited
by someone with push access. Gelpa (and Emacs) thus work on the
assumption that those with push access will only push code that they
have authored, or code that they were told was authored by someone with
an assignment on file.

> And should there not be something said about that in elpa/README?

Yes.