Re: git flow for emacs master/emacs-25

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: git flow for emacs master/emacs-25
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 08:59:48 -0800

> The "git fetch" in master shows the new commits in emacs-25.
> But the "git fetch" in emacs-25 doesn't fetch the commits.

Your local clone only fetches from the remote commits it knows about, which
would be every local branch in the original repository. The original
repository fetches from every remote commit it knows about, which are all the
branches up on Savannah.

Try looking at git branch -av in both repositories, and it should become
clear.

Also, you don't only need the local branch in the original repository tracking
the Savannah branch, you need to *update* that local branch before your local
clone will see the new commits from savannah.

I think you'll be much happier with "git worktree", or with two separate
clones from Savannah, that you will be with the clone you've already made.

John