Re: make change-history on non-master branches

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: make change-history on non-master branches
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 10:09:03 +0200

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 01:31:58 +0100
> Cc: David Engster <address@hidden>, address@hidden, Paul Eggert
> <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs developers <address@hidden>, Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
>
> Whoever has an habit of looking at the results and makes corrections (or at
> least one specific instance of that "whoever") could refrain of doing so
> during
> the pretest if it makes life easier for the whoevers who merge the branches.

Alas, it's not just the pretest, it's the entire life time of the
release branch.  That life time is just starting for the emacs-25
branch; I'm quite certain that at lease Emacs 25.2 and probably also
25.3 will be delivered from that branch.  That's another 2 years.  I
don't think we want to wait that long for your useful corrections and
general loving care of ChangeLog.2 ;-)

I hope we will find a better solution to this.