Re: bitten by lexical-binding

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: bitten by lexical-binding
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 15:28:00 +0100

Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> Starting with Emacs 25, `mouse-drag-track' does not accept
> the second arg.  But invoking it without that argument meant
> that (my version of) `mouse-drag-region' no longer copied
> the text to the kill ring, when `mouse-drag-copy-region'=t.
> That was the problem.

Can't reproduce here, built from Nov 21 2015.

I copied your code into a file, one time with lexical binding enabled,
one time without.  In emacs -Q, I loaded that file and set
mouse-drag-copy-region -> t.

With both file versions, the region was copied to the kill ring after
dragging with the mouse.

Michael.