Re: Q: text-quoting-style -- is its value a string or a symbol?

From: raman
Subject: Re: Q: text-quoting-style -- is its value a string or a symbol?
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 08:21:37 -0800

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
Let me ask you the question in reverse -- what in that *help* buffer
tells you that this is a string and not a symbol?

Also, this is not the first time a problem is being dismissed as "it
exists elsewhere so it's not a problem"  that in general is more likely
to turn away contributors to the project than anything else.