Re: More over-engineering

From: Aurélien Aptel
Subject: Re: More over-engineering
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 18:12:30 +0100

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Are we really allocating a structure for every Lisp_Object value we pass
> through the modules API?  Why do that?

Look at the old thread for Philip's arguments. As far as I'm
concerned, we need an indirect pointer to support wide-int
Lisp_Objects on 32bit platforms. Global reference can still be made
with the current code. We have a reference counting hash-table to keep
track of them. Non-global refs are marked explicitely in case the GC
misses them.