Re: HowTo: Run a hook when a buffer becomes "current"

From: raman
Subject: Re: HowTo: Run a hook when a buffer becomes "current"
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 10:19:21 -0800

John,

thanks for the  reply:-)

For now I've implemented  it with an advice on select-window --- and am
working on the Soundscapes themselves.

When I've made more progress, I'll write up what I learn re Emacs'
facilities for doing something like this -- email discussions tend to
drift after a while.

What I've learnt so far:

1. hook buffer-list-update-hook doesn't match its documentation --
2. select-window doc-string recommends the above hook and likely needs
to be updated

Re fading in and out rather than abruptly switching:

My first "get it working" idea killed and started new processes when
switching.

Next I tried stop-process which turns out be disfunctional on Linux --
so I'm now writing myself a more sophisticated Boodler Agent that
handles the fade-in/fade-out.

Anyway it's proving a fun holiday hack:-)