Re: [elpa] master 88578a4: Increase the default number of hits

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [elpa] master 88578a4: Increase the default number of hits
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 20:38:36 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Ok, I'll change it back, but I don't really understand why this is a
> problem.  Fetching all 4400 bugs seems to be pretty quick, and doing bug
> triage if you don't have the full list of bugs is awkward, because it's
> difficult to use `C-s' to search for bugs and `/' to narrow to all the
> bugs in the area you're interested in (in a quick and convenient manner).

If the number of bugs to be displayed exceeds
`debbugs-gnu-default-hits-per-page', several pages in different buffers
are shown successively. What if we show them all in the same buffer?
That is, you get the first 1000 bugs, then you ask for more and you get
the next 1000 bugs in the same buffer, you ask for more and you get the
missing 141 bugs in the same buffer. By this, you could still use the
narrowing commands during your triage, but the default hits per page is
still accesptable.

Best regards, Michael.