Re: [ELPA] New package: multishell

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: multishell
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2016 20:26:35 +0000

Ken Manheimer <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm about to push a multishell as a new packge in the git.sv.gnu.org:

Thank you!

> One coding wrinkle worth mentioning - I prefixed most of my package's
> functions with "multishell:"

Please change it to “multishell-”. It will work nicer with the customize
interface.

> did not prefix the primary function, "pop-to-shell". I see that as
> the package's exported api. I do not feel strongly bound to this
> choice, and can be persuaded to also prefix it if someone feels there
> is good reason to do so.

The current convention is to use multishell-pop-to-shell. This includes
user stuff (like commands and customization variables) as well as
programatic stuff that you consider “official api” (like functions that
other packages can call, or vars that can be configured but aren't
defcustoms).

In order to differentiate the functions and vars that are NOT
“exported”, use a double-dash (e.g. `multishell--bracket-asterisks').
(This is a relatively new convention, which is why a lot of places don't
use it).