Re: Moving Gnus development to Emacs?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Moving Gnus development to Emacs?
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 01:48:33 +0100

Bill Wohler <address@hidden> writes:

> Lars, will you continue to have separate Gnus version numbers? Will you
> move the bug tracker?

Gnus doesn't really have a bug tracker, per se, but just a Gnus bug
mailing list.  I won't be closing that address, but I'll be removing the
`gnus-bug' command and tell people to report all Gnus bugs with `M-x
report-emacs-bug' (which is how the majority of Gnus bugs are reported
today, anyway).

I think I'll have to keep doing Gnus version numbers -- otherwise, how
can I do t-shirts?

> Have you also considered moving Gnus to ELPA someday?

I think it's nice that Gnus just "is there" in Emacs...