RE: tags-loop-continue

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: tags-loop-continue
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 22:29:48 -0800 (PST)

(Caveat: I have not followed this thread at all.)

> > tags-loop-continue is also used by Dired, see 'A' and 'Q' in
> > "Operating on Files".
>
> I'm fairly sure these commands are more obscure, and used considerably
> less frequently than find-tag, or xref-find-definitions that's poised to
> replace it. C-, is too nice a key binding to spend on them.

What makes you "fairly sure" of that?  FWIW, my own guess
is that `A' and `Q' in Dired are heavily used.  (As they
should be.)

I would even question a judgment that `find-tag' is used
more often, let alone "considerably" so, but I don't have
anything to back up my guess about that.

And keep in mind that to use `find-tag' someone needs to
have created a TAGS file.  You need nothing to be able to
use `A' and `Q' in Dired.