Re: find-file-project

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: find-file-project
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 02:23:55 +0300

On 01/21/2016 02:09 AM, Drew Adams wrote:

I don't understand why you can't use lax completion in connection
with the existing framework (including `all-completions',
`minibuffer-completion-table', etc.).

all-completions is documented to use the "prefix" matching, not any other kind. Doing it differently would break some other code that relies on that.

I (and others) have been doing that for years, including for many
different kinds of lax completion.  What is so special about what
you think you need?

I don't know what you've been doing, and how.

You no doubt have your reasons for doing things your own way.
Why not do that in your own library (compatible or incompatible)?

Stefan wanted company-mode to use completion-at-point-functions, and the completion tables they return. They're not sufficiently powerful, yet.