Re: ELPA updating properly?

From: Ken Manheimer
Subject: Re: ELPA updating properly?
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 13:10:38 -0500

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 7:04 AM, Daiki Ueno <address@hidden> wrote:
Ken Manheimer <address@hidden> writes:

> Is ELPA failing to update, or am I doing something wrong with my
> package?

No, it was probably my fault, I'm sorry.  My new package gnome-c-style
didn't have proper copyright header in the test script and that seems to
have caused update-archive.sh to exit intermediately:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/elpa.git/tree/admin/update-archive.sh#n70

Ah, ok - thanks for rectifying it.

(It sounds like the archive update process is too sensitive to problems with individual packages? If I'm understanding correctly, then it should report problems with a package, and move on to the next, rather than disrupting the entire process. From only having glanced at the code, that may require refactoring, and of course it takes someone who has time to do that...)

Ken

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno