Re: How to update the ChangeLog files in emacs-25?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How to update the ChangeLog files in emacs-25?
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 16:53:01 +0200

> From: Nicolas Petton <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 12:55:45 +0100
>
> I'm working on getting the first pretest out, but I'm wondering if (and
> how) I should update the ChangeLog files from the git history.

"make change-history-nocommit" in the top-level directory should do
what you want.  You can (and probably should) commit ChangeLog.2 that
gets updated to the repository afterwards.  (There's also the
'change-history' target that automatically commits, but maybe you
shouldn't do that the first time you try it.)

Thanks.