Re: Asynchronous DNS

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Asynchronous DNS
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 20:22:26 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Cc: Alain Schneble <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 13:03:44 +1100
>
> Hm...  I don't understand.  An application that wants 'immediate will
> just say ":nowait 'immediate".  The only thing that examines the :nowait
> parameter (to distinguish 'immediate, nil and non-nil) is
> make-network-process.

These two places could be many levels apart.  The place where
'immediate' is used and the programmer who uses it might not be aware
of all of the implications.  E.g., the same set of parameters could be
used for several different series of calls to network-related APIs.

What I suggest is a way to let applications still work even if they
didn't make all the refactoring, or if the place to refactor is out of
their control, or whatever.