Re: Character folding in the pretest

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Character folding in the pretest
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 07:15:14 -0500

I think it is clear that people want various different character
folding rules.  The differences depend partly on what language the
text is in, partly on whether the user actually speaks that language,
and partly on personal preference.

Rather than arguing for an a-priori rule, we should let users show us
what they actually like, and then try to find general patterns in
those preferences so that we can make general defaults that users
tend to like.

--
Dr Richard Stallman