Re: Using xwidget to play youtube videos

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Using xwidget to play youtube videos
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 14:48:54 +1100

> Youtube normally sends nonfree javascript code to the browser,
> and without running that, the video does not appear.  What program
> are you using to view the videos?

It's using an xwidget, which is basically a wrapper over a Webkit
window, which will, indeed, run any Javascript that's present in the URL
presented to it.

But I'm not suggesting that eww should support stuff like that in
general.  It's just a test case to see how xwidget works (or not).  I
think the only support for videos in eww will be for the HTML5 <video>
element (via xwidget), which isn't very Javascripty, if I understand
things correctly.