Re: Initial documentation for xwidgets

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Initial documentation for xwidgets
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 23:25:39 +0200

> From: address@hidden
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 22:08:03 +0100
>
> I finally read the documentation you wrote for xwidgets, and it was really
> good thanks!

Are you sure?  I cannot imagine I was that lucky.  There are some
functions I didn't document, some of them in xwidget.c, others in
xwidget.el -- did I decide correctly which ones should be documented
and which shouldn't?

> I have just two things.
>
> - This fixme, I dont really have a good answer.
>   @c FIXME: What else can a URI specify in this context?
> The uri is just any ury webkit accepts, which isnt a very helpful
>   explanation of course.

Examples could help.  Can you provide examples of URIs that are
neither URLs nor file names?

> - When I read the documentation I noticed the term 'webkit-osr'. -osr
>   stands for 'off screen rendering'.
>
> There used to be different types of widgets, that weren't rendered
> off-screen. I don't think I will re-introduce those widgets because they
> were unreliable.
>
> So, there will likely only ever be osr widgets, which makes the osr suffix
> redundant.
>
> I guess people might have started tinkering with xwidget-osr.
>
> What do you think, should I change this, or does it not matter?

We can still change it, it's not too late.

Thanks.