Re: Need help debugging Emacs: emacsclient will not draw its contents so

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Need help debugging Emacs: emacsclient will not draw its contents sometimes
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 22:02:14 +0200

> From: Mike Kupfer <address@hidden>
> cc: address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 18:05:52 -0800
>
> I ran "emacsclient -c" twice within a short period of time, and the
> server log showed 2 frames being created.  So *some* code in Emacs
> thought the first frame was created, even though it didn't show up
> in the output from (frame-list).

This means Emacs started creating the frame, but didn't finish that
process.  A new frame is recorded in the frame list only when it is
completely set up.  The question is: what happens during that process
which prevents it from completing?

At this point, it looks like instrumenting x-create-frame to write
traces to some file might tell what causes that function to stop doing
its job half way through.

> And I still think it's suspicious that the bad frame seems to match a
> frame that was deleted earlier.

Was the deleted frame deleted from the frame list?