Re: Emacs.app for OSX suggestions

From: Pavlos Vinieratos
Subject: Re: Emacs.app for OSX suggestions
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 04:09:02 -0500

yes. i was wrong.
like you said, runing emacs from the terminal, initiates every time. launching the app initiates once and connects every next time.

so my real suggestion, is not to quit the app when i close the last window. would that make it so that when i click on the app again, it would open without initializing again? if yes, then thats my suggested change. if it would still initialize, then i would like that fixed.

i might have to find how to test that myself, but is the initialization happening when the app launches, or when the first window is opened?
by initialization i mean eval the init file. if it happens on app launch, then it should br easy to just keep the app running so when i click the app, even if its the first window (after i had the previous windows closed) would open quickly. but if the initialization happens on first window opening, then it might be a bit harder.

thoughts?

--
Pavlos Vinieratos