Re: New emacs download page

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New emacs download page
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 09:27:48 -0500

  > It would be really nice to do some JavaScript magic to make the
  > most relevant download instructions appear on top – currently the
  > OSX info is last on the page for me.

We must not do this, because it would undermine our principal message:
nonfree software is an injustice and you should shun it for your
freedom's sake.

Our principle message for MacOS users is NOT "here's how to
install our convenient editor" but "MacOS treats you unjustly."
We must take care, every time we mention MacOS
(or any nonfree system), not to let people assume by default
that we agree with the majority that consider proprietary
software acceptable.

--
Dr Richard Stallman