Re: Dynamic modules: MODULE_HANDLE_SIGNALS etc.

From: Philipp Stephani
Subject: Re: Dynamic modules: MODULE_HANDLE_SIGNALS etc.
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 21:43:32 +0000

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> schrieb am Di., 1. März 2016 um 17:41 Uhr:
On 02/29/2016 02:48 PM, Philipp Stephani wrote:
> Could this patch please be reviewed and/or applied? Thanks.

That was a long thread and I see multiple patches in it. Could you
please summarize the current proposal as you see it? For reference:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-12/msg00871.html

I think this patch can still be applied as-is, it just simplifies the code a bit without changing any behavior.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-12/msg00881.html

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-12/msg00902.html

The second one is newer, so the first one should be discarded in favor of the second one. Given the decision to allow longjmp on segfault, it is no longer correct, but a variant (replacing "non-local exits" with "non-local exits due to Lisp `signal' and `throw'") should still be correct and useful.