Re: Modules: definition of emacs_value

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Modules: definition of emacs_value
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2016 20:04:17 -0500

> Is this just speculation, or do you have actual benchmarks?

Neither.  Just like Elisp's slowness is rarely seen in practice, I don't
expect this API's slowness to be seen in practice.  Instead, it will
change the kind of module that can be realistically defined (i.e. only
those where the cost of the API itself is not a problem).

The main problem for me is that this cost comes with only
hypothetical benefits.

        Stefan