Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 b6d6304: Comment on last change to define-der

From: Leo Liu
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 b6d6304: Comment on last change to define-derived-mode
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2016 17:48:05 +0800

On 2016-03-05 05:11 +0200, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
> That putting the keyword arguments from BODY on the same line as the
> mode name is semantically wrong? And it's prone to result in longer
> lines? And that right now there's a weird comment inside
> define-derived-mode that makes little sense without additional
> context?

I wouldn't consider the keywords part of BODY (they aren't eval'd as
they appear anyway). They actually affect how code is generated. The
BODY has at most 3 semantic parts: DOC, KEYWORDS and BODY2. The first 2
are optional. My style is not bizarre and to my eye make the code clear.
Everyone has own lisp style and we should do our best to respect them.

Leo