Re: Should we restore manually maintained ChangeLogs

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Should we restore manually maintained ChangeLogs
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 11:02:02 -0800

Let's not go back. Maintaining ChangeLog files by hand with each commit makes it harder to merge changes due to the inevitable collisions with ChangeLog files. Although other projects that continue to use this older style (e.g., glibc) work around the problem by requiring contributors to deal with the hassles, this is one more barrier to contributions and there are better alternatives.