Re: [Emacs-diffs] widen-limits c331b66: Implement buffer-widen-limits fu

From: Vitalie Spinu
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] widen-limits c331b66: Implement buffer-widen-limits functionality
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 03:36:42 +0100

>> On Wed, Mar 23 2016 17:37, Drew Adams wrote:

> No.  You will get the full current Info file, which is what you
> asked for (with `C-x n w').

I asked for original view (page, node call it as you want). Info gave me a
buffer, I narrowed, then widened and got surprised. The user need not be exposed
to internal implementation of Info.

>> Hard narrowing will allow widening to original page in step (3).

> What do you mean by "allow"?  Do you mean that `C-x w' will no
> longer widen to the full Info file?

"allow" means that it would be possible to use it for that purpose. It's not up
to me to decide if hard narrowing will be used in info or how it will be used.

  Vitalie