Re: A cleaning-up patch for parse-time.el

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: A cleaning-up patch for parse-time.el
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 17:27:32 +0100

On 2016-03-25, at 16:24, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:
>
> While the patch is obviously correct, parts of it isn't all that useful:
> [...]
> not vs null isn't very interesting, in my opinion.

While I don't agree with that particular point (and no wonder,
I wouldn't change it otherwise;-)), I agree generally that the most
useful part of my patch was the docstring.

>> -      (setq start index all-digits (eq c ?0))
>> +      (setq start index
>> +            all-digits (eq c ?0))
>
> This one makes sense, though (as does the comment fix).  I've applied
> those bits to the trunk.

Thanks.

I have to admit that my goal was also to "test"the community: are such
patches welcome?  Now I understand that (1) correcting docstrings is
probably seen as useful and (2) general cleaning of the code sometimes
is and sometimes not, depending on how nitpicky it is.

I hope to provide more such patches in the future.  I'm aware that it's
not the thing Emacs wants or needs the most, but if I'm reading some
code anyway, why not correct it?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski