Re: Configuring fontsets with `unicode-fonts` [Was: Re: Should minibuffe

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Configuring fontsets with `unicode-fonts` [Was: Re: Should minibuffer prompt be made intangible by default?]
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2016 10:27:35 +0300

> From: Alexis <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2016 12:40:35 +1100
>
> > Thanks! Faces are one of the thing I *don't* use custom
> > for. AFAIK it does not let you create and manipulate fontsets; I
> > don't think we have any way to specify these properly, in
> > fact. At least, the question at
> > https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/17205/how-do-i-set-up-font-fallback-in-a-robust-way
> >
> > didn't get a single answer.
>
> i know i'm sounding like a broken record, but the `unicode-fonts`
> might be what you're looking for:
>
> http://melpa.org/#/unicode-fonts

Installing fonts doesn't necessarily resolve the fontset configuration
problems, especially since no package can know what other fonts are
available on the end-user system.

So I'm not sure this has any relation to the question on
stackexchange, because that question was describing a very specific
situation where other fonts were involved (in unspecified ways).

(The reason that question got no answers is because it was asked in
the wrong place, btw.)