melpa.org doesn't work without nonfree software

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: melpa.org doesn't work without nonfree software
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:35:10 -0400

There is a big ethical problem with site melpa.org.  It does not work
at all unless the user executes Javascript code.  Several pages of it.
It does not seem to carry free software licenses.

I determined this by trying to access it with IceCat.  It blocked lots
of Javascript.  Even the most basic navigation does not work.

I hope that we can get this fixed.  John Wiegley, would you like to
talk with them about it?

However, for the moment, please do not post anything here referring
people to melpa.org.  Is there anything in the Emacs sources
mentioning melpa.org?

--
Dr Richard Stallman