Re: Should the default value of url-user-agent include a version number?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Should the default value of url-user-agent include a version number? What about the specific case of package.el?
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 18:23:38 -0400

  > Additionally, IceCat of course leaks the fact that you're using
  > LibreJS, which probably goes a long way towards identifying
  > IceCat.

There is no help for that.  We have to block the nonfree software.

   > I wonder if profiling the list of websites that SpyBlock is
   > blocking would give further information.

Who knows?  But, once again, we have to block these forms of surveillance.

What is your purpose in mentioning these points?  What constructive
question do they relate to?

   > If that's not enough, differences in behaviour between successive
   > versions of LibreJs can probably help in pinpointing a precise
   > version.

I doubt any surveillance companies want to go to so much trouble
specifically about LibreJS.

--
Dr Richard Stallman