Re: Building Emacs on MSYS2

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Building Emacs on MSYS2
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 16:37:33 -0500

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> All I say is that I urge people to use the official build procedure.
>> If you or someone else wants to talk to the author, or invite him/her
>> to discuss this here, that's a bonus.
>
> I'll like to remove that stuff from the PKGBUILD and submit a build
> request (which will be accepted, I'm sure) but first I need to test the
> build on x86 and x86_64, and that means quite a lot of time with my
> (non-)hardware and scarce Windows usage. I hope to get it ready before
> Emacs 25 is released.

If it would help, I also build Emacs with MSYS2. I have not been using
the PKGBUILD script, but it doesn't look hard.

So I can help with testing. I have Windows 8.1 64 bit, with msys2
mingw64 installed; I can install mingw32 if we want to test there.

One thing I'd like to fix; my build of emacs 25 does not display png
files. The binary pretest install does. I'd like to figure out the
difference.

--
-- Stephe