Re: url-dav and Radicale

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: url-dav and Radicale
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 16:23:49 +0600

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> In a nutshell, Emacs' url-dav.el library, when parsing responses from a
> DAV server, assumes XML node names that are all prefixed with "DAV:".
> Ie, "DAV:multistatus".

As far as I can see, url-dav-process-response calls xml-parse-region
with the last argument set to 'symbol-qnames, which does the right
thing for non-default XML namespace prefixes whose URI is "DAV:".
Here:

<foo:multistatus xmlns:foo="DAV:">
</foo:multistatus>

M-: (xml-parse-region nil nil nil nil 'symbol-qnames)

⇒ ((DAV:multistatus ((... . "DAV:")) "
"))

However it does not handle the default namespace for me:

<multistatus xmlns="DAV:">
</multistatus>

M-: (xml-parse-region nil nil nil nil 'symbol-qnames)

⇒ ((multistatus ((http://www\.w3\.org/2000/xmlns/xmlns . "DAV:")) "
"))

That’s a bug in xml.el.

> Radicale, on the other hand, just sends back "multistatus"

Does it also send an xmlns="DAV:" on that element?