RE: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Remove "Recent messages" from `M-x report-emacs-bug'
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 13:35:36 -0700 (PDT)

> >> Right.  What about moving the messages earlier so that the
> >> users notice that they're there?
> >
> > No objections here.
>
> Ok; I've now done this on the trunk.

This is crazy, IMHO.

I really do not understand why you are now entertaining
complex, convoluted, and ugly (IMO) "solutions" to this
problem.

You are envisaging all kinds of things: changing the report
format, changing how bug reports are sent, the UI,...

Talk about overreaction!  Lars brings up something that annoys
him and suddenly the Emacs code is changed to adjust to his
annoyance (and in a weird way).

Why don't you just adopt what I suggested (emacsbugs+.el or
similar)?  The relevant changes to emacsbug.el are tiny and
trivial.  With the default option value, users see no change
whatsoever.  But you could change the default option value
so that `report-messages' (or whatever) would not be included.

Among other things, it would make the emacsbug.el code a bit
more modular - it just breaks up the info that is scooped up
into pieces/categories, and makes it easy to include/exclude
the pieces.

It means no changes to the existing bug-report format.  It just
gives users an easy way to determine just what information they
send with a bug report - both in general (their preferred default
behavior) and on the fly, for any given bug report.

If you do decide to do what emacsbug+.el does I will gladly
send it as a patch.  It is just a small extension to the code
in emacsbug.el.  But why don't you just try it first?

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/emacsbug%2b.el

--

And if you continue to ignore this, then allow me to at least
voice my objection to moving ANY of the data gathered BEFORE