Re: Note on e65c307 breaks font-height

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Note on e65c307 breaks font-height
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 18:22:51 +0300

> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 08:05:00 -0700
>
> Only one place in the Emacs Lisp code uses :user-spec:
> font-setting-change-default-font. Perhaps it is causing the bug. Does
> the attached patch fix the problem?

If we want this fixed for Emacs 25.1, we cannot install such changes,
as they change behavior in subtle ways, something that shouldn't be
done so late in the pretest.  Instead, we should debug the problem,
understand exactly why it happens, and only then discuss how to fix it
on the release branch.

Thanks.