RE: Bug #22983 (syntax-ppss returns wrong result) is still open. Could w

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Bug #22983 (syntax-ppss returns wrong result) is still open. Could we fix it before the release, please.
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 06:28:13 -0700 (PDT)

> after narrowing to a sub-part, the if the user wants to
> unnnarrow, she'll find that `widen` doesn't do what she expects.
> For this use-case, I could imagine fixing it by providing some
> kind of undo facility for narrowing.

Aka this problem: _Narrowing is fine-grained but widening is not._

  Narrowing always narrows to the current region, which can be
  anywhere and have any size up to the buffer size. But command
  'widen' ('C-x n w') always restores the full buffer. There ca
  be many different narrowings (one at a time), but there is
  only one widening: the whole buffer.

One solution:

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MultipleNarrowings