Re: bug#14981: 24.3.50; NS port error when closing maximized frames

From: Chad Brown
Subject: Re: bug#14981: 24.3.50; NS port error when closing maximized frames
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 01:24:21 -0700

Someone was (thoughtfully) going through old bugs, and found one I’d reported
that turned out to be a bug in macosx. Neither of us can reproduce it in
current macosx, but maybe someone out there has an older version that still has
the bug?  To reproduce:

/Path/to/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q ;; start emacs with stderr visible
C-x 5 C-f RET ;; open a new frame
F11 ;; make the new frame fullscreen
C-x 5 0 ;; close the new frame

When I could see the problem, I got something like this on stderr:

>       2013-07-29 10:46:15.559 Emacs[83142:303] void
> _NSMoveWindowToSpaceUnlessSticky(NSInteger, CGSSpaceID):
> CGSGetWindowTags(cid, win, tags, kCGSRealMaximumTagSize) returned CGError
> 1000 on line 1247

Thanks,
~Chad