Re: Subject: Call for testers for GNU Hyperbole 5.12, a large, useful Em

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Subject: Call for testers for GNU Hyperbole 5.12, a large, useful Emacs package
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 23:31:30 +0300

On 06/15/2016 04:41 AM, Robert Weiner wrote:

Use {C-h h d d} to display the Hyperbole DEMO, for a demonstration of
standard Hyperbole button capabilities.

This is a trick! It's not a demo, it's a tutorial. Or maybe really a manual, given it touches a lot of things but doesn't get to the "here's what you do to get X" quickly, where X is a thing the user knows and realizes they might want to do.

A demo is when you expend minimal effort and mostly observe the niceties of a program/package/website/etc, in a condensed form.

Some feedback:

- The buttons look like when I've seen of ACME. Neat, but didn't make me switch. - This doesn't work: "To display the top-level Hyperbole menu, click the Action Key anywhere within this paragraph or alternatively". It asks for the location of TAGS file instead. - "Grep, Occurrence, Debugger and Compiler Error Buttons, and Cscope Analyzer Lines" for some reason describes the normal Emacs functionality?
- "Depress the Action Key somewhere within this paragraph
and while holding it down, depress the Assist Key." doesn't lead to the desired effect, or maybe I just understand the instructions.