Emacs 25.0.04: Feature Request: Make called-interactively-p's argument o

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Emacs 25.0.04: Feature Request: Make called-interactively-p's argument optional
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 16:35:18 -0400

I have some older code with a lot of calls to (interactive-p) for which
I am having to substitute (called-interactively-p 'interactive) to get the same behavior with a non-obsoleted call.  Visually, this does not read well to me and I imagine others.  What do people think of making the argument optional and defaulting it to the behavior of (interactive-p) which I believe equates to the 'interactive argument value?

Then we would have: if (called-interactively-p) ...) in a lot of places and that would look much better and be much easier to call properly.

When more complex behavior is needed, the argument could be given.

Bob