Re: Certain numbers of special forms cause changing behaviour on functio

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Certain numbers of special forms cause changing behaviour on function calls in --batch
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 16:47:48 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Did the experiments with the compiled simple.elc load it into a
> running session, or did you re-dump Emacs after byte-compiling
> simple.el?

No, I was lazy and loaded it into the running session.  I can repeat the
test with re-dumping if you think it could change the behavior.

Note: when I (re-)loaded the "original" simple.elc into the batch
session, there was no change (i.e. I still got the "buggy" result of
20).  Only loading the compiled (trivially) modified simple library into
the batch session had an effect (of "fixing" the issue and producing the
"nonbuggy" value of 10).

> What other practical alternatives are there?

I have no idea.

Michael.